Sunday, May 01, 2011

Cantonment Promo

Cantonment Promo is out!



The Cantonment promo mix track is now available for preview and download.

These are the final mixes for the EP.  If anyone has an comments or suggestions, please let me know.

***

I think I've got a pretty good handle on how I want my music to sound.  I'm still not working with the greatest reference.  With the baseline I got in Seattle and listening to the songs on multiple systems.  I think it sounds about right as it stands now.  A friend of mine (and fellow musician) told me to stop when you're 80% happy with it or you'll never stop tweaking the sound.  Might be good advice.

I have a lot of songs in the works right now for the next album.  I'm still chasing the sound I'm looking for. A lot of the partially completed music I have right now isn't exactly new.  Though I think that might be ok, since I've been procrastinating for the last 7 years.  I do have a few totally new songs I'm working on and I seem to be headed in the same direction as I have been throughout the hiatus.

I'm definitely holding on to some sort of angry synth-pop vibe.  A little too dark for the standards of the genre, but a little too melodic and upbeat for industrial proper.  I guess I'm unique.  Rock on.


You and me and rainbows,
-Anthony

No comments: