Saturday, March 12, 2011

Experimental music


I just finished up a song I did for my wife's school project. We were on a super short time schedule so I more assembled it with with loops in GarageBand. My first go kinda missed the mark a bit and ended up sounding like a 60's James Bond theme song.

And here I was supposed to be writing about the element of Earth from the Traditional Chinese Medicine point of view.

We worked on it a bit more, but with our time crunch, modified my 007 theme with some slightly different elements. We had also intended to have her sing. She did very well, but I ended up doing a rendition myself to get it out the door with her to class this morning ^_^

I will say though, for being totally raw and with a couple minor flubs. I sung in a style that was about 75% outside my norm. I think I did ok too. So I guess I haven't lost my touch just yet. Though for the year and change I was living in Seattle and working at Ft. Lewis (54 miles one way). I was singing my ass off in the car to everything. So I actually came up some new techniques.

If they're appropriate to industrial I dunno. But should I ever record my rendition of Covenant's "Final Man." You'd all get a giggle. Actually, it sounded really cool... from a singing in the car perspective.

We're also off GO1 after two weeks (aka now we can drink), so cheers!
-Anthonormal B. Funfrock

...yes, I just made just made an obscure reference to "Dr. Funfrock."

No comments: