Thursday, December 01, 2011

Face the Beat vol 2 and more

I'm putting the finishing touches on Cease Fire (version 6) for Side-Line Magazine's 'Face the Beat vol 2.'  The deadline for submissions is tomorrow, so instead of being a month ahead, I'm a month behind.  Which rings true for a lot of my musical and or audio work at the moment.

I've been back in Seattle a little over a month now and I've been trying to unwind from the army and learn to live like a civilian again.  I've gotten a bit lazy on my vacation so far.  Though, I'm off to school in January, so that should be interesting.

I had hoped to have more (if not all) of the 'Force of Man' interludes done by now.  The 3rd one is mostly complete still and waiting on me to finish it up.  It seems that it won't do it by itself.

Perhaps I'll get a little motivation from working on Cease Fire.  Which turned out to be almost more difficult that writing a new song altogether.  Many of the original files are incompatible or missing.  Using bits of newer incarnation and trying to recapture the clean feeling of the original, while adding a contemporary touch has been a challenge.

Two for the future, last call for the past.
-Anthony

No comments: